Below is an overview how to use and get the most from SERVEMERGE®. To find volunteer opportunities that are specific to your passions, strengths and purpose, we recommend to take our profile assessment - Skopos first. Once you have registered and confirmed your email, you are ready to start using SERVEMERGE®.
- For best results, enter the keywords of the volunteer opportunities you wish to search for:
- Next enter the city/town you wish to serve in; our website automatically acquires you location by your current ip address. This location can be changed by clicking on the location text box:
- Next select the date you wish to serve, to select a specific day, click on the down arrow to select from the drop down options and click "SEARCH":
- [ Option ] If you prefer to use our "Advanced Search" feature to search for specific Volunteer Cause area or Volunteer Role areas, simply click on the cause or role and the color will become visible. When the color is visible, this means the filter is active. For other specific options: Age Groups, Filters, Time, and Day, simply check the box next to the item requested and click "SEARCH":
- Your volunteer opportunity search results will be displayed, If you didn't choose a cause or role area or use a keyword, you still have a chance narrow down your results in the "Advanced Search" drop down menu:
- Go ahead and open up a few volunteer opportunities and read the descriptions.
- Once you've decided on one (or more) volunteer opportunities, click on the red "JOIN" button:
- If you are not a SERVEMERGE® member, click on the "Login", if not click on the "Join Now " button to begin the registration process.
- After you have joined an event, a green button appear and show you are attending the volunteer event with an option to "Add Children" that are under the age of 13 you are bringing.
- You will receive a confirmation along with the opportunity details that is added to you calendar.
Congratulations!! You are now making a greater impact in your community!!